Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Simplifying

I read an article in this month's issue of Real Simple about how women don't spend enough time on themselves and "down-time." The whole issue is dedicated on ways to simplify your life, save money and time, organize, and find time for yourself.

Which made me think of ways I can simplify my life including the things I already do, like: pack lunches and backpacks the night before, make/prep dinner earlier in the day when I have the energy to clean-up after myself, and keep a pad of paper on my fridge so I can write down grocery items as we run out of them.

Speaking of simplifying, Whitney and I have been talking about this blog. We don't want to give it up, but as our lack of posting shows, we don't exactly have the time to put into it. That's when we realized we didn't have the time because we felt like we had to write big-long-soul-searching type posts every time. Hence, our new changes.

We are simplifying to shorter, more frequent posts. Maybe it will just be a thought of the day, something that inspired us and we want to share. It might be a funny antidote or some crazy thing our kids did and we want to know we aren't the only ones with those kind of kids. We will share tips that help us in our lives and maybe even a recipe or two.

We are excited about our new direction we are taking and hope you as our readers will join on us this new adventure and as always share with us your ideas and thoughts so that we may know we are not alone in this great wide world.

2 comments: