Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Message From My Father

My father sent me this video this morning. It was a much-needed reminder that even when the world doesn't recognize and appreciate the importance of motherhood and the hard work that goes into it...that our Heavenly Father appreciates it. That He sees us and loves us, especially on the rough days. That He wants to help us raise up their sweet little souls to Him, He wants to help us find the patience to last the day, we just have to ask Him for that help.

So often the world gives us a line about "being a mother is hard work," but it's just another platitude to make us feel like they're recognizing us...but they don't. They dismiss what we do, insisting that we should do and be more, that mothering is something we could just as easily pay other people to do for us, that we're not doing enough or that we're doing too much for our children. But, our Father in Heaven really does recognize us.

I guess that's what this video meant to me. That He sees me and recognizes the work I do. That when no one else is up with me during the 2am feeding...He is. Even if it doesn't seem to matter to anyone else that the floor is dirty 2 seconds after I clean it and the kids don't listen when I try to teach them...that He sees that I tried in the first place.

Thanks for the reminder, Dad...both my Heavenly and Earthly one.



ps-I know, I know, I posted this on my personal blog too. I don't ever double-post like this, but after having thought about it for an hour or so, I decided that this was too important of a message not to share with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this and adding to an already wonderful and much, much needed message. You words ring so very true.
    I am blessed because of the opportunity to not only share sisterhood with you, but the trenches of motherhood. I love you, Whit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this - I needed to hear it. I so often feel alone in motherhood, even though I know there are millions (and billions) of mothers who are or have already done this. I needed that reminder that the Lord is there for us, that he doesn't just hand us such a special spirit and tell us to raise them on our own without His help.

    ReplyDelete